Sunday, January 15, 2012

A Lakefront Grill

Its not really a lake to start.  Its more of a pond.  But its a really nice place for a walk and feeding the ducks. Duc has plans for a remote control boat this summer on that pond.  If you're in Tualatin I would suggest going.  And dining at the restaurants around it, except this one.  We are trying a new one about once a week.

We were originally going to a another restaurant but they weren't open for a while longer so we went instead to Hayden's Grill.  My first impression was that it was really, really dark.  Then, that it was really, really old. As in, all the customers are old, the menu is old, the napkins are old, and the bread was old. 


I ordered the artichoke and crab ravioli.  I had to hold my phone up to the food and take a picture with Duc's phone because there was absolutely no light!  The best thing about my meal was the Caesar salad before the ravioli.  The lettuce was crispy and it wasn't drenched in dressing.   

The ravioli, on the other, was tough and barely warmed up.   I tasted a little crab, and I'm not sure that there was any artichoke in it at all. 


Duc had the pork wrapped prosciutto on a bed of asparagus and mashed potatoes.  I found it over done and chewy.  The asparagus was good, the potatoes were dry.


One word: SALT!!!!!!   There was none!!  At all!  Salt is your friend! 


With the old environment, old patrons, and lack of seasoning, I couldn't help but wonder, "what would Gordon Ramsey think?"  I would think that if they don't do a little revamping, they'll die away as their customers die away. 

1 comment: