Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Thai Bistro

Loved!!  I really need to listen to Ducums more often.  I always feel overwhelmed when we eat any kind of Asian food.  There are always so many options!!!  Duc went straight to what I should order.  Knowing what I like and love, "You should get the basil fried rice."  

"But this sounds good and this sounds interesting.....  What are you getting? That sounds good, maybe I want that one...."  I say.  To which he replies, "You don't like rice noodles.  Get the fried rice."  The server comes over and asks if we're ready, "We need more time but we'll start with the spring rolls."  Duc tells her.

I calmed down a bit and reread a few choices, and finally came to the realization that was Duc was right (don't tell him!).  The server came back with spring rolls and I ordered the basil friend rice.  I love spicy food, if you haven't noticed, therefore I wanted my rice more than just the medium heat it came with.  But Duc said that since it was a Thai place, they always under score their spicy, so medium is actually pretty hot (This is true at most Thai places we've been to.  Not so here.).  So I ordered it as is with the medium heat.


I love crispy spring rolls. Its the only way to have them.  When she came back with our food, she also brought the good stuff.

  

The ground fresh chili was so good and spicy!  The basil fried rice was so not spicy and this was perfect.



This is my basil fried rice with chicken, onions, and red and green bell peppers.  I always try to get something different, but this was so good, it will be hard not to order it again when we go back.  Duc says the rice was good, a little too moist for him.  He says that fried rice is usually made with rice that was made the previous day.  So he could tell by the moistness that the rice was made that day.   





 I'm not a fan of rice noodles, I feel that they are more gooey than pasta noodle, and there's something else that I cant put my finger on.  It has something to do with the texture.  Rice noodles are just different and while I don't hate them, I don't prefer them either.  But this pork was excellent.  I kept moving rice noodles searching for the pork. 

After we finished our meal the server took our plates and then brought out two scoops of Neapolitan ice cream in a heart shaped bowl.  It was precious!  We reminisced about how Duc's favorite was strawberry and he would scoop only the strawberry from the container.  I did the same with the chocolate.  Duc said hopefully our future child likes vanilla!  Yep, we are the cutest couple ever! 


One last side note about Thai Bistro.  I cant say enough about how good the food was, but the atmosphere was on a different plane.  They covered the chairs in fabric and I felt like I was at a wedding reception.  The tables were also covered with a white table clothe and two big red off center squares with a piece of glass of top.  Fabric was everywhere, like Joanne's threw up in there.  And the worst part, Christmas decorations were on the walls.  It wasn't that long after Christmas, but because I work retail, I've come to despise the holiday and its shoppers. 

I think they're trying too hard.  The staff was so nice!  And let the food speak for itself!  This place is great, you just have to get over the decor first.

1 comment: